Cooking recipes - Desserts - How to make Italian Panettone?
Starter dough :
- 1/2 glass of lukewarm water
- 25 g fresh baker's yeast
- 100 g strong flour
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 400 g of strong flour
- 150 g sugar
- 200 g butter
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- Candied fruit
- Orange blossom water
- Disposable Panettone mould, or removable baking mould.
How to make panettone or Italian sweet bread
Preparation Panettone dough
- Put the warm water in which you dissolve the fresh yeast in a bowl, add 100 g of strong flour, 50 g of sugar and 1 egg yolk.
- Mix and leave to stand for a couple of hours.
- Put the flour, butter or soft margarine, egg yolks and cream in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the chopped fruit and the reserved starter dough.
- Mix everything well, if you have a dough mixer you can do it with it.
- Cover the dough with a clean cloth and leave to rest.
- We put this dough in the moulds and let the dough ferment a third time, if you want you can speed up this last step by putting the moulds in the oven at 50ºC until they rise.
Baking the panettone
- Once they have risen, brush them with beaten egg and bake at 180ºC for about 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
🔆 Other recipes
- Categoría: Christmas Recipes - Recetas para Navidad en inglés