Cooking recipes - How to stuffed croissants?
Making homemade croissants is much simpler than it seems, and what better way to enjoy breakfast or a snack than with almond-filled croissants like these. Although the process is the same if you want to fill them with anything else.
- 100 g almond butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
For the croissant topping
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
For the filling
- 1 cup raw almonds
- icing sugar for sprinkling
How to make stuffed croissants
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prepare 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry and roll out with a rolling pin to about 45 x 40 cm. Cut in three lengthwise and then in half, leaving 6 rectangles.
- Then cut each rectangle into 2 triangles.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the almond filling and spread on each triangle. Roll up the triangles, starting at the shorter side. Space the croissants evenly on the baking trays.
- In a small bowl, gently mix the egg and cream together. Brush the croissants with the mixture and sprinkle the sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before sprinkling with icing sugar and serving hot.