Cooking recipes - How to Russian salad? Ensaladilla rusa
- 1 kg potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 large carrot
- 2 cans of tuna (160 g)
- 200 g frozen peas
- 600 g mayonnaise
- Olives for garnish
- Piquillo peppers for garnish
Steps for making Russian salad:
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan.
- When it has boiled, add the eggs and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the water, remove the shells and set aside.
- At the same time, in another pan, bring water to the boil with two teaspoons of salt; add the whole potatoes with their skins on, together with the carrot, whole and peeled.
- Leave to cook for about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. When about 20 minutes have passed, check if the potato is cooked by pricking it with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes and carrots from the pan, leave to cool, peel and dice.
- In another pan, add a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and cook the peas with a little salt for a couple of minutes until tender.
- In a large bowl, add the diced potatoes and carrots.
- Then add the eggs. Traditionally only the egg whites are added, cut into small pieces, and the yolk can be used grated for garnish. You can also chop up the whole egg if you prefer.
- Add the peas, the well-drained tuna and the mayonnaise.
- Mix everything well, shape the salad as you like and decorate with grated egg yolk, olives and piquillo peppers.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Leave the salad to stand overnight in the fridge. It will taste better and become firmer.
🔆 Other recipes
Categoría: Recetas de Cocina - Cooking Recipes