Cooking recipes - How to Pecan pie?
If you have ever celebrated Thanksgiving in the USA, you have probably seen this Pecan Pie on the table and, I hope for you, you have tasted and enjoyed it, because it is a really good and tasty pie, although very sweet...
FOR THE FILLING
- 3 eggs
- 80g brown sugar
- 25g butter
- 120g finely chopped pecans
- 230g crushed pecans
- A few pecans for decoration
- 200ml maple syrup
FOR THE PASTE
- 125g butter at room temperature
- 250g flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of fine salt
- A ready-made shortbread pastry (if you don't have the time)
FOR THE TASTING
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chantilly cream
Steps for making Pecan pie:
FOR THE PASTRY
- Mix all the flour, icing sugar and salt in a large container.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add it to the flour and sugar mixture.
- Use your fingers to give your dough a sandy texture (Sanding)
- When your dough starts to feel sandy, add the egg and continue to work your dough by hand until it is smooth.
- On your floured work surface, roll out your sanded dough enough to place it in your tart tin, on a sheet of baking paper.
- Place your pastry in the fridge for 30 minutes.
FOR THE FILLING
- Preheat your tower to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt your butter and finely chop your pecans.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, melted butter, maple syrup and chopped pecans.
- Crush (break into small pieces) the pecans and spread them on your shortcrust pastry before pouring the filling on top.
- Add the remaining pecans for decoration and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take your pie out and cover it with aluminium foil so that your pie keeps a nice golden colour. Return to the oven for 30 minutes. Check after 15/20 minutes if it is not already cooked, as some ovens are more powerful than others.) To know if your tart is cooked, the filling should be firm.
- Leave to cool for an hour or so before enjoying your pecan pie with whipped cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.