Recursos Educativos en Inglés - Stories in English - Cuentos en inglés
All in good time - Stories to Think About
A man found a butterfly cocoon and took it home with him so that he could watch the butterfly as it emerged from it. One day he saw that there was a small hole and so he sat and watched for several hours. He noticed that the butterfly was struggling to make it bigger so that it could get out.
The man watched as the butterfly struggled hard to get its body through the small hole, until at one point it stopped. Apparently it was stuck.
So the good man decided to help the butterfly and with a small scissors he cut the hole a little to make it bigger, so that the butterfly could get out of the cocoon. However, when it managed to get out, its body was very swollen and its wings were small and bent. The man waited for the wings to open and the swelling of the body to go down, but neither happened and the butterfly could only crawl in circles, its little body swollen and its wings bent. It was never able to fly.
What man, in his kindness, did not understand, was that the restriction of the cocoon opening and the struggle needed to get out of the tiny hole was nature's way of sending fluids from the butterfly's body to its wings, so that they would become big and strong and then it could fly.
Freedom to fly was something that could only come after the struggle.
🔆 Otros cuentos:
- Narcissus - Narciso
- Beauty and the Beast - La Bella y la Bestia
- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves - Alí Babá y los Cuarenta Ladrones
- The Ugly Duckling - El Patito Feo
- The Three Little Pigs - Los Tres Cerditos
- The Princess And The Pea - La Princesa y el Guisante
- The Hare and the Tortoise - La Liebre y la Tortuga
- The Frog King - El Rey Rana
- The Horse and the Wolf - El Caballo y el Lobo
- The Fox and the Grapes - La Zorra y las Uvas
- The Brave Little Tailor - El Sastrecillo Valiente
- Sleeping Beauty - La Bella Durmiente
- The Wolf and the Seven Kids - El Lobo y los Siete Cabritos
- The Vain Crow - El Cuervo Vanidoso
- Little Red Riding Hood - Caperucita Roja en inglés
- Rapunzel - Brothers Grimm - Cuento en inglés
- Rumpelstiltskin - Brothers Grimm - Cuento en inglés
- The Twelve Dancing Princesses - Brothers Grimm
- The Emperor's New Suit - Hans Christian Andersen
- The Selfish Giant - Oscar Wilde - El gigante egoísta