Recursos Educativos en Inglés - Stories in English - Cuentos en inglés
The false master - Stories to Think About
He was a renowned teacher; one of those teachers who run after fame and like to accumulate more and more disciples. In a huge tent, he gathered several hundred disciples and followers. He stood up, raised his voice and said:
-My beloved, listen to the voice of him who knows.
There was a great silence. You could have heard a gnat flying.
-You must never associate with another man's wife; never. Nor should you ever drink alcohol, or eat meat.
One of the assistants dared to ask:
-The other day, weren't you the one who was hugging Jai's wife?
-Yes, I was," replied the master.
Then another listener asked:
-"Weren't you drinking in the tavern the other night?
-That was me," replied the master.
A third man questioned the master:
-Wasn't it you who were eating meat in the market the other day?
-Yes," said the master.
At that moment, all the people present were indignant and began to protest.
-Then why do you ask us not to do what you do?
And the false teacher replied:
-Because I teach, but I do not practice.
🔆 Otros cuentos:
- Narcissus - Narciso
- Beauty and the Beast - La Bella y la Bestia
- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves - Alí Babá y los Cuarenta Ladrones
- The Ugly Duckling - El Patito Feo
- The Three Little Pigs - Los Tres Cerditos
- The Princess And The Pea - La Princesa y el Guisante
- The Hare and the Tortoise - La Liebre y la Tortuga
- The Frog King - El Rey Rana
- The Horse and the Wolf - El Caballo y el Lobo
- The Fox and the Grapes - La Zorra y las Uvas
- The Brave Little Tailor - El Sastrecillo Valiente
- Sleeping Beauty - La Bella Durmiente
- The Wolf and the Seven Kids - El Lobo y los Siete Cabritos
- The Vain Crow - El Cuervo Vanidoso
- Little Red Riding Hood - Caperucita Roja en inglés
- Rapunzel - Brothers Grimm - Cuento en inglés
- Rumpelstiltskin - Brothers Grimm - Cuento en inglés
- The Twelve Dancing Princesses - Brothers Grimm
- The Emperor's New Suit - Hans Christian Andersen
- The Selfish Giant - Oscar Wilde - El gigante egoísta