Cooking recipes - Desserts - How to make Halloween cake?
Are you coming home from work and not dying to spend hours in the kitchen this October 31st? We've got your solution, with a really easy cake that mixes a seasonal vegetable, pumpkin, with the flavour of dark chocolate, an original and delicious marble cake. And this recipe is so simple, you can make it with your children!
The ingredients for this easy Halloween cake:
For 6 to 8 guests
- 300 g pumpkin
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 200 g flour
- 1/2 sachet of yeast
- 6 medium eggs
- 70 g butter
- 30 cl maple syrup
- 7 cl oil
- A little salt
The recipe for pumpkin choc cake:
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 50 min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into large cubes, steam for 20 min.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the maple syrup, melted butter and oil.
- Mix the yeast and flour separately, and add to the previous mixture gradually, stirring well to avoid lumps.
- Reserve half of this mixture in a bowl.
- Blend the pumpkin in a blender or potato masher and add this pumpkin puree to the first half of your mixture.
- In a small saucepan in a bain-marie, melt the chocolate and mix it with the second half of the mixture.
- Butter a cake tin (it's best to use a non-stick tin) and pour a thin layer of pumpkin cake batter, then chocolate, then repeat.
- Bake in the oven at half height for 50 minutes. Leave to cool before removing from the tin.
- Serve the cake with a nice glaze or chocolate sauce.
Halloween desserts are often quite complex to prepare, but honestly, you don't always have the time to take on a baking workshop.
So we've come up with a recipe for an autumnal cake, which uses an essential seasonal vegetable: pumpkin, and an ingredient that all food lovers agree on: chocolate. The preparation takes only a quarter of an hour, the cooking time 50 minutes, and the result can be served as a snack or as a dessert on October 31st as well as for brunch on November 1st... or any other day for those who want to try this simple cake during the pumpkin season.